Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting ready!!

Good Evening! I am getting so excited for my trip to Haiti! I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow!! I did reach my goal!! YEAH!! Praise God! Thanks to all of my wonderful friends and family!! God bless you all!! I actually got extra money~so that will be applied to supplies, anesthesia meds, and the rest will go toward buying clothes and shoes for the little orphans!! Last Thursday I got my passport (horrible pic-but I was in a hurry to start the process!) as well as the bright yellow mission shirt we all have to wear while traveling through Haiti! They also sent a daily devotional book to read every morning for: 2 weeks before the trip, during the trip, and one week after the trip~so I will start it in the morning! They put it together to help missionaries prepare for their visit and even to help with their thoughts and feelings after they return to their `normal` life after experiencing what they have in Haiti! Last week I also got my necessary vaccinations! I got the Hepatitis A shot and an update on my tetanus shot (ouch! my left arm hurt for a few days after this one!) I also had to take Typhoid pills-live vaccine-every other day-4pills over 8 days! Tomorrow I have an appt with my doctor for a physical and she will give me prescriptions to prevent malaria and travelers diarrhea (pretty common to get if you travel abroad...ugg!) Today I bought a journal to bring with me~they recommend everybody write what they are experiencing and feeling so you dont get too overwhelmed with your emotions! They say you cry a lot and you need an outlet-so I used a gift cert I got for my bday and bought a Travel Journal! On the front it says `For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go` Joshua 1:9 and I know He will be with me! :) Love, Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment