Friday, February 15, 2013

iTeam Haiti - Turned in Happy

FoH,

At devotions tonight, I counted 62 iTeam members. All had arrived as expected, all had eaten and all had a place to sleep. Overall, good travel reports.

As I type, I heard the diesel-engine of a truck likely delivering our checked bags. The little planes do not cart these bags, so this time a box truck was making the approximately 7 hour drive from PaP.

We began setting up the eye clinic ( I think of it as "the doctors office") and the two operating rooms. We have a light patient load so we can begin acclimating to our routine.

No noted sicknesses, not obviously homesick travelers, nor serious glitches. The team is large and adapting. We will be learning and serving together, so that is sweet!

More details tomorrow. Hopefully access to wifi rather than typing from my iPhone.

Blessings to you all!

Mark L

No comments:

Post a Comment