Friday, August 5, 2011

Most of the I-Team have arrived at the mission in St. Louis du Jord, Haiti

(This is Brent typing.) It is Friday night, and thankfully most of the I-Team have safely arrived at the mission in St. Louis du Jord. It sounds like the trip was pleasingly uneventful. I will quote an email I received this evening from Mark L., who is sort of the organizer in Haiti and the person sending updates and picutes to the family members back in the States.

"The need for care and affection seems unchanged here in Haiti. At least some of the post-quake and cholera peak troubles are less acute. Still, the teeming masses of people began arriving today on foot for the clinic opening in the morning. We thank God for your support that let us make the trip. You are helping the blind and visually impaired to see. Thank you for getting us here."

Saturday is their first work day. I am eager to hear how it went. Blessings to the I-Team!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment